Rules and Regulations of Scholarship Management System for Students Abroad and Students from Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan Set up by Institute of Metal Research, Chinese Academy of Sciences
Chapter One General Rule
1. Institute of Metal Research, Chinese Academy of Sciences (Hereinafter called IMR) has set up a scholarship management system for students abroad and those from Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan (Hereinafter called THE SCHOLARSHIP). In order to establish a standard management system so as to make full use of THE SCHOLARSHIP, IMR has made the following rules and regulations.
2. Those rules and regulations are applicable to graduate students abroad (hereinafter called Foreign Students) and graduate students from Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan (Hereinafter called HK-Macao-TW Students).
Contents, Quotas and Periods of THE SCHOLARSHIP
3. THE SCHOLARSHIP includes tuition fee and living cost.
4. IMR provides the tuition fee.
5. Following are RMB quotas of living cost and supporting period for Foreign Students:
* 30,000RMB for MS graduates each academic year
Period: 1-3 academic years
* 50,000RMB for Ph.D. graduates each academic year
Period: 1-4 academic years
* 30,000RMB for students in general study each academic year
Period: 1-2 academic years
*50,000RMB for students in advanced study each academic year
Period: 1-2 academic years
Application and Evaluation of THE SCHOLARSHIP
6. How to apply THE SCHOLARSHIP
Foreign Students and HK-Macao-TW Students can directly down loading the Scholarship Application Form Prepared by Graduate School of IMR from the website.
7. Evaluation of The SCHOLARSHIP
(1) Each year IMR Evaluation Committee for Foreign Students and HK-Macao-TW Students(Hereinafter called IMR Evaluation Committee) holds a general meeting to evaluate each student’s application and then reports to the IMR leading group to decide who is qualified for The SCHOLARSHIP。
(2) Graduate School of IMR is responsible for notifying winners of The SCHOLARSHI.
(3) The first support period for The SCHOLARSHIP is generally limited to one academic year.
Yearly Scholarship Evaluation System
8.Yearly Scholarship Evaluation System means that IMR Evaluation Committee makes a general assessment on each Foreign Student and HK-Macao-TW Student with The SCHOLARSHIP(Hereinafter called The Scholarship Student) to see if he/she is still qualified to continue to keep The SCHOLARSHIP.
9. All Scholarship Students (including those who suspended their schooling due to illness and then recovered to attend classes again with scholarship by authorization) are supposed to participate in the Yearly Scholarship Evaluation process.
10.To evaluate those Scholarship Students who suspended their schooling due to illness and then recovered to attend classes again with scholarship by authorization based on their study background before sick leave and after resuming their interrupted studies, the period of sick leave is not included during the period of the confirmed SCHOLARSHIP.
11. Evaluation Content: Study scores (including all scores of quizzes and examinations of all courses taken), science research capability, science research results, study and work attitude, attendances, behavior and etc.
12. Evaluation Process
(1) The Scholarship Student is supposed to download the Yearly Scholarship Evaluation Form from the Website.
(2) The tutor has to make comments and sign on the Yearly Scholarship Evaluation Form handed in by his or her student and then passes it to the Graduate School of IMR.
(3) The IMR Evaluation Committee will make final assessment on each yearly applicant and decide who is in THE SCHOLARSHIP list.
(4)The Graduate School will notify each applicant who handed in the Yearly Scholarship Evaluation Form with the result.
13. Yearly Scholarship Evaluation sets up two kinds of evaluation categories. One is qualified and the other is unqualified.
14. The IMR Evaluation Committee consists of head of Graduate School, director of Foreign Affairs Office, representative from tutors and other corresponding staff members. They evaluate and decide who is qualified for THE SCHOLARSHIP. The Graduate School is in charge with routine duties for the IMR Evaluation Committee.
How to Provide THE SCHOLARSHIP
15. Lodging fee and living cost out of The SCHOLARSHIP will be paid to those students in the list of The SCHOLARSHIP on the fixed date each month since the day of the approval. New Scholarship Students registered before the 15th of the current month (including that day of the 15th) will get a full month scholarship, otherwise, will get half a month scholarship if registered after the 15th of the current month.
16. Graduated students can still get other half a month scholarship even when they have finished school.
17. For those Scholarship Students who will return to their home countries or regions due to their leaving school owning to bad health, leaving school with other reasons or completing their courses, their scholarship will be suspended next month since the day they decide to leave.
18. Scholarship Students can get still get their scholarship paid during vacations or holidays set up by government or IMR.
19. For those Scholarship Students who registered late, left school without reason, stayed away from school for more than ten days, their scholarship will be suspended for that month.
20. Scholarship Students can still keep their scholarship qualification for no more than one year if they are authorized to take sick leave to go back to their home countries or regions for rest due to their serious diseases, however, THE SCHOLARSHIP will be suspended during the period of their sick leave. They have to pay all of expenses at their own, including traveling expenses.
21. THE SCHOLARSHIP will be suspended for one academic year to those who failed in the Yearly Scholarship Evaluation or are on probation with any reason in IMR.
Those suspended Scholarship Students could get THE SCHOLARSHIP until the beginning day of next academic year, but they could still apply to the Graduate School for continuing study in IMR at their own expenses. When the suspension expires, they could continue to participate in that Yearly Scholarship Evaluation. If they could have passed through the evaluation and got an approval from IMR leading group, they would get back THE SCHOLARSHIP next academic year.
22. THE SCHOLARSHIP will be annulled for any one of the following reasons:
* Compel by legal authority to leave school.
* Expel from school.
* Fail to pass through the evaluation twice accumulatively during study period.
* Refuse to participate in the Yearly Scholarship Evaluation without good reasons.
* Those annulled Scholarship Students stop getting THE SCHOLARSHIP on the day when the announcement is made and becomes effective.
23. The Scholarship Students from IMR are not allowed concurrently to get the scholarship from other sources such as from CAS, other Chinese organizations, academic associations, foreign countries and HK-Macao-TW (regions).
24. Rules and Regulation of the IMR Scholarship Management System is good for those Foreign Students and HK-Macao-TW Students having scholarship from Graduate School, CAS in paying their scholarship here and having them to participate in the Yearly Scholarship Evaluation. Any other issues have to follow the rules and regulations laid by Graduate School, CAS.
25. The Scholarship Management System will be into effect since the day when it is announced.
28.The explanation right of this Scholarship Management System belongs to the Graduate School of IMR.